1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

People assuming you're gay?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by ForNarnia, Dec 27, 2014.

1. ForNarnia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    So, a lot of people think I'm a lesbian, when I'm actually Pansexual (Bi if it makes it easier), but a few days ago, my extremely homophobic father said "Oh, I thought you were a lesbian" when my mum and I were talking about a cute guy on a tv show. This really confused me, because my dad's homophobia is the reason I haven't come out to them yet, but he hadn't been treating me any differently... It was probably just his idea of a joke, but it really bugged me.

Does anyone else get this?

2. Flatulentius

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    If anyone assumes that I'm gay, they don't say it to my face, and I've never heard any rumors going around about it either. Although, in a couple of instances, my rather conservative religious parents became defensive when I tried to discuss gender expressions outside of the traditional stereotypes, which made me wonder whether they suspected that I'm gay and were trying to repress the thought.

3. ZestyLion

I wish it was assumed that I was gay... It would make coming out so much easier!