1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My plans on "coming out"

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Tritri, Dec 28, 2014.

1. Tritri

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    On 22 February 2014, I admitted to myself that I was gay. It was such a relief. I like it more now than back then because now I am truly proud of being gay. I would not take a pill that would make me permanently straight, even if I was paid to take it. I'd rather be gay than straight. I would like to take a "straight for a day" pill because I am curious on what it's like to be attracted to women, just like a colorblind person is curious about the colors (s)he cannot see.
    I hate how everybody is assumed to be straight until they "come out" otherwise. I hate the whole necessity of coming out. Thus I decide I will not "come out". I will let people know I'm gay, but I will not sit down to my parents and say, "Mom, dad, I have something to tell you..."
    I will only tell people if they specifically ask me, if it is necessary to answer a question, or if I have a boyfriend I want to introduce to people. I've already been asked once, and as you can tell by my "out status", I wonder if they thought I was joking. They will probably continue to think this until they notice I've been taking the joke quite far, and start wondering. Or maybe they knew I was serious and it's all good! :slight_smile:
    One time during free class time, the kids (including me) were all talking, and we started playing the "What are the odds?" game. I was asked, "What are the odds we'll find you a girlfriend?" and I immediately replied, "Zero!".
    There was some more talk, and I was eventually asked if I like girls or boys. I was a little nervous, but I went right ahead and said boys. The girl who asked me went "Oh, huh" and I was asked a few questions about that, like "Do you have a crush on any guys?" and "Do you want to date a boy in high school?".
    Later on, the same girl who asked me if I liked boys or girls later told me I would be rich someday (I love math, and mathematicians do make a lot of money), and have a hot WIFE. Somebody else then said, "Or husband". I'm not sure if she forgot or if she thought I was joking.
    Last time somebody at my school came out as gay, there were rumors and talk going around about it, and after a week it ended. There was nothing at all going around about me, which is why I'm suspicious they thought I was joking.
    I had a pleasant dream about this a couple nights ago. People in class were discussing relationship stuff, and I was wondering if the spotlight would hit me. It did. They asked me sometime about me having a boyfriend. The fact that they all talked to me like that and said boy instead of girl felt good. Literally it felt comfortable and cozy (remember I was sleeping in my bed when I was dreaming this).
    P.S. Is there a character limit to individual posts? I was worried I would go over.