1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm in love with my bff but I've never liked girls before...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by rockerchick21, Dec 29, 2014.

1. rockerchick21

I’m in love with my best friend and nothing makes sense anymore. But I seem to still be really into guys so I’m not all vagitarian. But this secret is making me so miserable. It got a little better when I told her, but I’m still hiding from so many people I love and it’s tearing me apart.
    I like to tell myself that this all started at the beginning of the semester when we moved in together. I like to blame this on all the flirting and coupley things we did and the constant outside confirmation that we look like we should be together. But the truth is I think I knew the moment I met her.
    It was the first week of college and I hadn’t really made any friends besides my weirdo roommate. I was sitting in my room all by myself, listening to the excited chatter that was coming from the hallway. My roommate was out there so I figured I should make an effort and join the conversation. I went out into the hallway and walked up to the group. And there she was. She was the first person I noticed and all I wanted to do was talk to her and get to know her. And so I did. We talked a lot that night and then the following nights and eventually we were just inseparable.
    The more she told me, the more I loved her. She was damaged like I was, I liked the scars on her wrists even though they made me sad at the same time. And I never told her any of this, but I knew I would do anything for her.
    But she doesn’t feel the same way and it sucks so so much. I just don’t know how to move on or go from here. Do I try and move on by just dating tons of guys like I used to? Or does this mean now that I should try to move on with girls?
    Please someone help. So far nothing else has.

2. Erick

You might not be bisexual.

The fact that you've always been into guys brings me to the point that you just have fallen in love with guys to this point. Do you feel attracted to girls? If you do you are bisexual or even pan-sexual. You don't need anyone to tell you whether to move onto guys or girls, you must do what your heart tells you. If you love your best friend you can't force yourself to stop loving her.

I honestly think that everything happens for a reason, just go with the flow as life is full of surprises. Don't try to force change, it will lead to serious depression.