1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How should i react?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Bethie T, Jan 1, 2015.

1. Bethie T

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    My friend just basically outed me to my brother when i told him not to as i am not completely ready for my family to know that i am bisexual. I am not sure how to react as my brother hasn't reacted in any way he just said 'that is new news to me', but i am very angry with my friend as i wasn't ready for him to know and that i wanted to tell him myself. I just want some advise. Thanks x

2. Wildside

Wildside Guest

sounds more like you should be referring to him as your "ex-friend." how you handle your brother is another matter. you can either ignore it as if your friend was just being stupid. or you could just talk to your brother about it, tell him that you would rather have delivered that news to him yourself at your own timing, and that you need him to keep it to himself and to respect your desire to wait before informing other family members. that depends, of course, on your relationship with your brother and how much you trust him.
    :goodluck:

3. Bethie T

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thank you so much x I haven't spoken to my 'friend' since and not planning to, on the other hand my brother hasn't said anything yet but i am planing to talk to him soon (like in a few minutes soon :confused: wish me luck )x You have helped me so much thanks :icon_bigg:icon_bigg x

4. Wildside

Wildside Guest

:goodluck:

5. happyhamster144

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hi
    I had a similar thing done to me (husband told our son) I was livid with him at the time for the same reasons as you it was my information to tell not his.
    Good luck with telling your brother hope it goes well.