1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out opportunity?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by ReadyToTell, Jan 1, 2015.

1. ReadyToTell

ReadyToTell Guest

So, I'm ready to come out. I think this Saturday night is the time. I've been waiting for a time when my parents are home and can read the letter and I am not. I'm going to be babysitting this Saturday and I think I'm going to leave the letter for them. What do you guys think about doing this? When I get home they may be sleeping but they can ask me the next day. However, knowing my mom, she is never able to sleep when I'm not home so she may stay up and wait for me. I have so much anxiety right now, I just need to come out!

2. Wolf of The Baltic

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Dear kind sir

I ask that you slow down. Coming out is not a race to see who can show their colors the fastest. Take it at your own pace. As for your letter. Make sure you they now you're gay. Nothing that might confuse them. If executed well you will have not problem. However I will warn you. No plan can go the way you won't. So something might happen that you don't expect or didn't go how you thought. As long as you have faith in your parents that they will love just the same then I have one thing to say to you, the only thing we have to fear is fear itself.

-love and the best of luck
    King of The Baltic

3. cr9814cr

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It gets easier! I came out to the first person on November 29, 2014 and now, all of my family knows (except my dad), I have the love of my life by my side, and so much support. I also deal with horrible anxiety, even if it's not about coming out so I understand what you're going through! I wish you all the luck my friend!

4. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The most important thing is how you feel. If you think the time is right and you have already got the letter prepared, why not?

Between now and then you can maybe think about some of the questions they may ask and your answers. Be prepared so you can respond well. If you can come out to them with confidence and assurance and not get all upset in the process, they will take it more seriously. If you go in there unprepared and seem flustered and stressed out it may not go so well. You have some time to consider it all now and make the best of this opportunity.

It's normal to feel anxious and a little scared before you come out, but I hope it goes well for you. Will you let us know?

5. Jaymmm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I wish you good luck, fingers crossed

---------- Post added 2nd Jan 2015 at 10:02 AM ----------

most of parents love their chilren no matter what

---------- Post added 2nd Jan 2015 at 10:03 AM ----------

dont worry