1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Friend doesn't accept me... but he does

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by lucky28, Jan 1, 2015.

1. lucky28

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So I came out to two of my closest friends, and then for New Years all three of us got together to watch the Star Wars trilogy, as nerds do. The host, who is not a homophobe, kept trying to tell me I wasn't gay. I've known him since kindergarten (as well as the other friend, but he was cool with it) and tried to use that as proof that I wasn't gay.

Now, to be fair, I did a lot of, let's say acting, around him when he'd oogle over girls. That was before I knew myself, and even when I did I still "acted". Maybe I led him on... but what else could I have done?

Everyonce and a while he'd be fine but as soon as it would get past the jokes (which don't bother me) it would be back to me all of a sudden not being gay. He even pullled up a picture of a, more or less, revealing picture of a guy and it scared me (he pushed it into my face with no warning) and i reeled back, to which he responded, "see, you're not gay!" He also thought I was choosing to be gay, and telling me it wasn't a choice.

I've known this guy my entire life and he is extremely sweet and thinks of other's feelings... except now. I just need advice or someone with a similar story. Thanks for reading.

2. love dont judge

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, i probaby wont be of much assistance, but here i go.....

So, i also have a friend who doesnt quite accept me. I did a LOT acting around him and everyone else, realy too much, for there weren't too many ppeople who hadn't guessed it but anyways....
    He refused to believe me when i told him and proceeded to deliver some religious spiel directed towards myself. That continued for about 7 or so months.
    Then, im pretty sure he overheard me talking ablut him to some of his friends. I had said how much it was hurting me, i couldnt help it, and that i was becoming very "fragile". I then stressed to them my opinion on him, which has never been very high in the first place. But i did say that i would try as i aways do to extend a hand of friendship toward him anyways. I then started ranting to myself on how much he shoud stay out of my businees and knock it off since it wasnt his life to live, etc. Etc.
    Later on he apolgized to me, surprisingly.
    It also couldnt have hurt that a kid he was picking on on the way back from a basketball game threw the taunters phone out the bus the previous evening either. Since then he hasnt said anything about it for now.
    Just know that its ur life and u know how u feel. He doesnt. Just maybe try to reiterate that. Good luck.

I apoogize for any typos. I typed this up on my tablet which i pretty unreliable.

3. Nord

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Your friend just needs time to process. He's one of your closest friends after all, so when he thought he knew you so well, you throw in a twist. He is probably going to try to match up history to what you told him in the meantime. In my opinion, I think he will come around soon enough. The only thing I guess he might want out of you more is to explain your reactions you've been "acting" about all this time.

Just my two cents. Hope it helps!