1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I want to be able to tell my friends that I'm bisexual...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by MrCookie, Jan 2, 2015.

1. MrCookie

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I really want to be able to tell my good friends that I'm bisexual. But I always get to scared and there's this girl she is my neighbor and we are like brother and sister and we love and trust each other but she thinks bisexual people are weird so idk what to do and the people at school will bully me. I don't know how to deal with that. id like some people at school to know because then I could finally find someone of my gender to fall in love with instead. And thatd be nice but I'm really scared..

2. Davidman222

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I think you should be honest with your friends Im in the same situation and honestly i dont feel like my sexuality is a big deal I mean people im not even close with know about me but my close friends dont it's honestly a fear of losing them and I mean I accept the my sexuality and Im comfortable with it and the more comfortable and sure about it you are the more comfortable everyone else will be and love is love and we can't control it, it just happens

3. MrCookie

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Yeah, it sucks but it feels good to be this way... its different, you know?

4. 0Marionette0

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hello, I have had the same problem as you for quite some time(except I'm gay...) If you have any really close friends like that girl you were talking about, or if you know anyone who wouldn't mind bisexuals, then I would go to them first. If not, be honest with your other friends. They deserve to know the real you. And if they don't like it, it's their loss. They aren't worth it if they can't love you for who you are. It just means they aren't real friends. However, that being said, make sure only to tell the people who wouldn't spread rumours. You wouldn't want anything nasty going around...This is really a test to see which of your friends are real or not. If they are too blind to see how great you are that's their loss. Good luck, I hope this helped at least a little. >_<

5. Wildside

Wildside Guest

the more times that we tell the truth about ourselves, the easier it gets. and the more times that we hide it, the harder it gets to tell the truth. what seems hard to do when you're 14 can become overwhelming in another decade if you haven't developed that habit of being out there. It can be hard, but I believe that it is worth it. GOOD LUCK!!!

6. its a good way to see who is your real friend. if they don't accept you for who you are, as hard as it may be, they aren't truly your friend. but don't rush it, just admit it if it comes up or you're ready. you have all the time you need, I presume. good luck!!

7. Wildside

Wildside Guest

I think this is GREAT advice!!! I think it is a lot easier for me to commit now to tell the truth if asked, preferably questions that I can answer "yes or no." It's a lot harder coming up with how I am going to tell anyone, but should anyone ask, "honesty is the best policy." So in one sense, we're already out if the only reason we haven't told someone is that they haven't asked LOL!!! So, I say, bring it on, ask me!