1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Realization

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Amy, Oct 21, 2008.

1. Amy

Amy

this has been on my mind a while, and i need/would like some input.

i have always identified orientaion-wise as bi (i dont like that other word). i am out to many as bi with a strong preference for females. others just know that im bi. some assume that i am straight. lets not get into the latter.

today i was thinking about the same thing that has been on my mind for a long time. i cannot trust straight men. with everything that has happened in my life, i just cant. there were a few guys that i know who i was told were straight, that i trusted. now two of them are out as gay, and the other is out as bi. every straight guy i know i can talk to, but i cant trust them. i can trust nearly every gay/bi guy that i know. i know that i do have attraction to men, its just hard to see myself in a relationship with one because i cant trust straight guys.

im thinking that this is me: out as/born bi, but unable to trust most guys.

does that make any sense? i hope... :S

i cant really think of a question for this. just respond, give input, advice and such please. thank yous

2. ColbieMarie

ColbieMarie Guest

I'm kinda similar. I have difficulty trusting straight guys. I feel much more comfortable around my gay guy friends (Maybe that's because I know they won't try anything and they're not thinking about getting into my pants). What you're saying makes sense, and sounds much like my situation.

Sorry I don't have any input really, except that I agree with you....

3. musican

Well, if it’s any consolation, at least you like and trust girls. For me, I always knew I was attracted to guys, but I didn’t want to believe it because I only ever learned it was wrong, or just weird. When I knew that it was perfectly normal I thought that I liked girls too because I don’t trust guys at all. There are very few guys who haven’t betrayed my trust. Then I realized that I really am only attracted to guys even though I don’t trust them too much. It’s quite confusing but I know that I’ve only met a few guys because I go to a small close-minded school and I’ve never met people outside its walls. I know that in college next year I will meet new people with different ideas and values than the ones that I know from my school. I tell myself that I have a good reason to not trust the guys at my school, but it will be different at college.

Try to figure out why you don’t trust straight guys and why it matters, didn’t you say that you trust a bi friend? Maybe you could just date bi guys if you didn’t trust straight guys. Just try to remember that high school and life after high school are very different. You may not be able to trust straight guys at your school, but you may find that you can in college.

4. Amy

Amy

i know why. every guy that has hurt me was straight and it all involved their heterosexuality. i dont want to talk about it at all, just to many bad things. it was mainly during elementary and middle schools, so i have met so many new people (i now go to a huge public school).

this will all be interesting, thats for sure.

i do plan to go to mills so guys in general wont be much of a problem. lol

5. Enaithor

It is because society labels all straight guys as rapists
    Not always that extreme but girls think that guys are pervs anyway
    Or at least they do over here
    But they don't mind gay guys being pervs because they are perving on other guys instead

6. tashyyy

i have the same thing reely
    straight guys i have found can be cocky to bi girls
    they prolly only want to talk with you so that for some reason you will kiss a girl in front of them or something
    i dont know
    i just prefer to talk to gay/bi boys and girls
    but the sad thing is
    i only have 1 gay friend in real life, close to me anyway ;[
    i cant reely see myself in a relationship with a guy at the moment, but i do know im still attracted to them
    girls are alot more understandable (;

7. Ryesright

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I've never really understood the need in the LGBT community to fall into a label. Sexuality, I'm confident, can't be categorized. It is fluid. The range of sexual preferences spans a vast spectrum, and each of us falls into that spectrum.

If you think you're sexually attracted to men, you probably are. If you think you're sexually attracted to women, then you probably are. If you think that you are sexually attracted to men and woman, but have trust issues with straight men, then that is probably who you are at this point in time. It makes sense. We are who we are!

Sexuality is complicated. We know this. Like I said, it's also fluid. So my vote is to just flow with it. Don't fret over your feelings. Feelings aren't necessarily complicated, we know them inherently. It's when we try to put words to them that makes it so complicated. So don't even worry about it!