1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2015, the year of change

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by NatWheeled, Jan 4, 2015.

1. NatWheeled

This year is going to be the craziest year of my life. I'm so excited and thrilled, and yet terrified.

My girlfriend and I have been together almost 6 months now...entirely online. This is largely because I live with my folks and I'm very much in the closet as well as the distance. My disability makes me dependent on my family, even at my age of 27. My family is a multi-generational christian family and I love them all dearly. I do not know what will happen when I come out of the closet and that's the part that scares me. My girlfriend will be moving much closer to me this coming July, and we're hoping she can come up for a visit sooner than that. So its only a matter of time til all will have to be revealed.

There's so much uncertainty in revealing my sexuality...I'd almost prefer it if I knew they'd react negatively beyond doubt. I'm waiting til my girlfriend is living up here so she can have my back. Everything I've read says to tell your parents without your significant other present but I honestly don't think I can do it without her there...or at least very close by. Part of me wants to hurry up n get it over with. But doing so would obliterate the comfortable world I've lived in for so long and I'm not quite ready for that yet. Change isn't easy for me, but I'm excited and eager to start a life with my girlfriend.

I guess I'm not really asking for advice, but just needed to post this somewhere. Thanks for reading

2. Randomcloud

Good luck! I can't exactly give you advice since I've never had a girlfriend BUT I say take your time and come out when you're comfortable. I hope your parents react positively

3. NatWheeled

Thanks! I hope they react positively too...but its prolly gonna most likely be a tolerant thing...you know, they won't say much but you know you've disappointed them kinda thing. Of course that's not so bad compared to many stories I've read.