1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you deal with this issue?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by ZestyLion, Jan 4, 2015.

1. ZestyLion

I have come out to people, but not everybody knows. I want more people to know, but at the same time, I don't want to be the one to do it because I would feel like I'm "rubbing it in." I know I shouldn't feel that way because it's not something that people do. Why would you want to rub it in? Nonetheless, I have no clue how I should do this. I really want to just feel like there should be no hiding it. How do you deal with this? Should I just act like myself and let people figure it out?:help:

2. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I informed my friends that they could tell anyone because it wasn't a secret, and, being the weirdos they are, they ran around informing everyone at school.

Well, that's one way to come out... :lol: I'm quite out of the closet now.

3. treatmeright

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    If you already told your close friends and the important people in your life. I guess it's nobody's business if you are gay or straight you shouldn't be defined by your sexuality keep it casual if they asked you will say :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride: otherwise you don't have to.

4. ZestyLion

Yeah, I'd love to do that. The problem is that I told one of my friends they could do that and they freaked out saying that I "only talk about being gay" with them. I don't know how to bring up anything LGBT-related with them anymore :dry:

I did tell somebody that they could tell anybody at their will though. So I don't know what's gonna happen.

5. Wildside

Wildside Guest

you're fine, and you never have to apologize for how you feel. our emotions are exactly that, and we will them into being. we can learn to be mindful of them, and it seems like you are already aware of what is bubbling up in the emotional caldron. and we can choose our actions, rather than just reacting to emotions. but we never need to feel guilty for feeling a certain way. from those feelings, you can reflect on the end result that you would like to see, and then consider how to make that happen. the end result you desire seems to be out to more people. Just acting like ourselves is definitely a good thing to do. but you can also consider who the people are that really matter to you, and whom you would really want to know; rather than just going around randomly and telling people. Once you have that figured out, think about if you are ready to tell them, and if so go ahead and do it. I don't think that is rubbing it in at all. It's about who you are, and it is your right to decide who you want to tell, or not tell. good luck!