1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New and confused

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Ellieworm, Jan 4, 2015.

1. Ellieworm

Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey! I am a sixteen high schooler and am confused as f@ck...
    So I came out to my parents about two years ago about being lesbian, but after a while I kind of freaked out and dove head first back into the closet. Now the feelings have 'returned' though they never left. I thought about it for a while and then decided that i was bi. But i am having trouble because I think I might be lesbian and I just make up my mind. Ive never had a serious crush, only guys. But past ratings of guys have been.. boring and i have always been nervous and never really wanted to kiss them. With girls i am much more comfortable and i will honestly say that imagining certain ones turn me on.
    Saying that I am bi feels fine and I have been happier since realizing that and coming out to some of my friends, most of them, but theres only ten of them. Ive never dated a girl before, though that may also be because i don't know a lot or any gay or bi girls. I just need advice I guess. i am lost and I dare not tell my parents or family members. My cousin came out as gay a couple years back and to this day our grandpa does not know because he is very christian and we don't know how he would react.
    Thats my story so far. Please help...

2. mangotree

I've got no advice sorry, but know that you're not alone.
    Most of us here are (or were at some point) confused about our lables, attractions, whether or not to come out and to whom. Sometimes you've just got to go your own way, find what feels right/fine/nice/comfortable to you and go with that until something changes.

3. Ellieworm

Out Status:
    Some people
    thank you! thats helpful. thank you for your insight.

4. Wildside

Wildside Guest

this rush of feelings sounds pretty normal to me. just keep experiencing life. continue to develop friendships with both boys and girls. at some point, when you sit down and connect all the dots of relationships, experiences, and feelings, you will see the patterns of your life emerge and will appreciate the path that took you to that place of understanding. In the meantime, try to just enjoy being with other people and being on that path. Life has some really wonderful things in store for you!