1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out to my mother

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by RedRabbit, Jan 6, 2015.

1. RedRabbit

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I've written a letter to my mother I plan on giving her before I go to school that way she has time to calm dowb about me being trans. Any tips on what and what not to include in the letter??? I dont want to skip over writing something that I should have included.

2. Rikudou

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just try and pour your heart out into the letter, forget about trying to follow specific formatting and focus on the contents alone. Make sure to write about the past, present and the future. Expressing your feelings and how they have matured, as well as your expectations of the future. Avoid trying to guess how your mother will react to the letter, it is something that cannot be predicted with certainty no matter how well you know the person. Therefore it is wise to avoid sounding confronting in your letter. Be sure to add information that would describe the situation and alleviate any uncertainty she might have. Realize that writing the letter is half the battle, after that you must discuss the topic personally.