1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming Out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by OtherMe, Jan 6, 2015.

1. OtherMe

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    What are some nice, not over the top maybe subtle ways of coming out? Nothing like a cake or tshirt thats not me. Btw most people (Im pretty sure almost everyone) thinks im straight, but im bi. Thanks- OtherMe

2. mangotree

I've found the best way is to just let go of your inhabitions around talking about guys and/or girls that you like or are attracted to.
    As in, speak openly like everyone else does.

Though if you'd rather be visual - change the wallpaper on your laptop/desktop/tablet/phone to a favourite male celebrity or the gay or bi flag. It may prompt someone to ask what it's all about.

3. soulcatcher

Allude to swinging both ways.

4. OtherMe

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Not helpful or wanted^ Soulcatcher

5. soulcatcher

Tis not comin out if sexual orientation is not revealed by a plain statement. If you like the cool shadow of your closet and want to stay there, it is not my duty to stop you (even if it something that is not wanted).

6. TacobellKFC

Out Status:
    A few people
    Bring lgbt related subjects in conversations with the ones ur wanting to come out too...see how they react

7. OtherMe

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    soulcatcher- Did you choose to be Gay, Lesbian or Transgender, if the answer is no like so many claim don't tell me choose to be Gay or Straight.

8. ZestyLion

I would just bring it up in conversation. Slide in a joke or something too. That's what I like to do. I don't really know how it works for other people, but it would be worth a try!

Good luck! :slight_smile:

9. soulcatcher

It is not always that I see a lack of comprehension on this website, but perhaps I did not explained myself clearly the first time. I repeat, if you want to come out, then you need to reveal your sexual orientation to another person by a simple disclosure on your part.

10. xylaz

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I would talk to a friend and mention someone(you might like) and ask what they think of them. They get curious and this is where you imply it. Say they gave a great personality or look "nice".....the reaction I got was that I seem very "out there". Whatever that meant lol. People know me as a random thinker and I play along and say I'm ultra-liberal and open to everything. It lets people think about things themselves and might lead them to feel more comfortable if you feel its time.

With a parent, I would insinuate having conflicting thoughts and asking how they dealt with them at that age. What did they think about being weird or strange? the outcast? you might ask.
    Hope you get better ideas and get the courage buddy. It's hard and brave to do.:icon_bigg

11. Wildside

Wildside Guest

just be yourself, and don't bite your tongue when any topic comes up that might reveal your true self

12. OtherMe

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Not sure how long it's been since I posted this but sorry, I was like 13 I think and yeah didn't actually know what allude meant - don't worry I do now aha. Sorry

13. Conquistar

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Very subtle way? Draw the LGBT flag and in big black letters, write I'M BISEXUAL and put it on your parents bed. Easier way, go up to them and say it.