1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feelings For My Best Friend/Might He Be Curious?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by OtherMe, Jan 6, 2015.

1. OtherMe

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi
    Well so I've known my best friend for around 3 years now and from the moment I saw him I fell in love (cheesy I know, but believe me Im not) We've got quite close and if I was to come out, I would tell him first as he's the nicest guy i've ever met, but there's something bigger on my mind and it's what he does. Sometimes it makes me question 'maybe he's gay? or bi? But then I just tell myself that it's because were good friends. We do things like rest our heads on each others shoulders and play with each others hands; we put our arms round each other and when were at his house we rest our heads on each others legs when were in bed. We sometimes joke about being gay, once to the point where his brother asked if I was (I don't find too hard to denie as I'm Bisexual) But them sometimes he'll call me a faggot jokily if I do something (Not something gay but something he thinks is stupid). Once also when I was on holiday he also called me cause he missed me and we talked on the phone for like 10-15 minutes (if your a guy you'll know straight guys don't particularly do this, especially at 14)(Can't comment on what gay guys do as virtually everyone I'm pretty certain thinks I'm 100% straight) I obviously don't want to get my hopes up as I think it's because we're just really good friends, but I'd like to hear what you guys think(Maybe there's some curiosity).
    Sorry for the long post, not a consistent up-loader but will check for replies over the next few weeks, kinda still new, 4th post I think?
    Anyway thanks for taking the time to read this and I'd like to hear you're thoughts below!

2. mangotree

To me, none of that sounds unusual for a straight friend to do. Especially if he thinks you're straight also.

3. bookreader

Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah I agree. But sometimes the straight one is straight, unfortunately.
    Maybe he's comfortable with his own sexuality and wants to explore different things.

4. Wildside

Wildside Guest

I don't know, it would not be unusual for two straight girls, but for straight guys to play with each others hands sounds kind of romantic for straight guys. but maybe he is just really comfortable and secure in his masculinity, so that while unusual it might not mean that he is gay. but if he is such a good friend, why not just ask him a serious question

5. OtherMe

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thanks people