1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When is it legal to be kicked out?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by RonApple, Oct 23, 2008.

1. RonApple

RonApple Guest

My mom wants to kick me out the house, is there like a legal age that I need to be in order for her to do this? I think its probably 18, and im 19 :dry:

But im still a student, and don't exactly want to leave...

2. sam bob

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The legal age in britain is 16, do you have any friends you could stop at if she does kick you out

3. Yeah, I always thought it was 18 since that's when you're legally considered an adult.

4. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    At age 18, you're no longer a dependent - you're a rent-free boarder. In which case, yes, she can "evict" you.

Lex

5. RonApple

RonApple Guest

This is so not cool, if push comes to shove, at least i can go stay with some friends. I don't see why it is such a big deal if i sleep late and wake up late? If i get kicked out, its nt gna make a difference. I dno, it just confuses me. And I apparently don't talk to her enough, which is just who i am, I don't exactly like to say every little thing that has happened to me in the day. Kinda bores me.

And by kicking me out, I won't be talking to her ever, i won't be seeing her ever, I will be waking up when i want and sleeping when i want, so why does she not want me at home? Surely its better that I at least see her atm.

6. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    It kind of sounds like you and your mom aren't communicating in an effective way. She says you sleep too much. You don't see it as a problem. So why is it she doesn't want you sleeping so much? Are you doing your chores? Helping around the house? I would think if she is happy with your use of time while you are awake, then she will care less about you sleeping. So try to talk to your mom and get to the real issue. This will also make her happy because you are also talking to her! I don't think you have to tell your mom everything that happens during the day but would it really be horrible to think of one thing to share with her? Try to reach some compromise with her and hopefully she won't kick you out.

7. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    >>>This is so not cool, if push comes to shove, at least i can go stay with some friends. I don't see why it is such a big deal if i sleep late and wake up late? If i get kicked out, its nt gna make a difference. I dno, it just confuses me. And I apparently don't talk to her enough, which is just who i am, I don't exactly like to say every little thing that has happened to me in the day. Kinda bores me.

She owns the house.
    You're living there - rent-free.
    You can either abide by the rules of the person who owns the place - which may include getting up when she says, and talking to her - or you can find a place to live that's more to your liking.

Lex

8. mattypants

yeah, i have a tough time understanding parents, or parental figures in my case.

on my exp, i agree with beckyg. opening up even a small dialouge and working towards a compromise is a good idea.
    gL tho

9. BitterEdge

BitterEdge Guest

I agree with Becky. Talk to her and let her know how you feel. If she wants to play games, be the adult in the situation.

10. Mickey

I agree with Lex. Is there something you're doing or not doing that's pissing her off?
    You say you stay up late. Are you considerate of other people in the house,who may be sleeping? Do you help out around the house,clean up after yourself,or any other things she may ask you to do?
    I'm not trying to be mean or anything. Just wanted to give you something to think about and consider. Good luck. Mickey

11. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, the age is 18 here in the U.S.

12. Louise

So, if I understand corectly you want to live your life exactly as you see fit, without taking into consideration the person who is providing the roof over your head, the food in your stomach and the clothes on your back. Wow you are some great son! You don't even want to share a little bit of your life with her in order to make her happy because you know what you have done in the day and recounting it bores you, well boo hoo, your mum is just trying to take an interest what is wrong with that? And you are confused as to why your mum wants to kick you out. She probably wants you to wake up and become a man and not some symbiotic parasite living off her!

I know all this sounds grumpy and disagreable from my part but you wouldn't stay long in my house with that kind of attitude and I doubt that your friends will put up with being treated like that for very long either.

Do you realise that there are other people in this world besides you and that they deserve some consideration?