1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm such an idiot -curls up in fetal position-

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by littlecuriosity, Jan 8, 2015.

1. littlecuriosity

yeah I think I messed up bad. I was planning on coming out to my current girlfriend as bisexual tho the thing is I think I messed it up. I was going to tell her and as I started talking and got to I need to tell you something that's been playing on my mind and she just blurts out "is it that you like guys?" and I have no idea why but I said no. I now have no idea how to tell her because I already messed up so badly.

I'm an idiot :bang:

pls help me come up with a way I could tell her :help: :eusa_doh:

2. unloved

unloved Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I don't think you messed it up at all. I would just try again and tell her that when she asked you if you like guys it caught you by surprise and you panicked and that is why you said no and you feel that she deserves to here the truth ! But this is just my thoughts in hope you can tell her the truth .

3. Aro

Aro

Be honest. You were planning on coming out in the first place- it just doesn't help that you got caught off-guard. Take a few deep breaths and remember what is important. Relationships are about honesty. Even if you said no, it's a matter of explaining that you were frightened and worried about the result and protected yourself in the moment. Getting surprised with a question on a topic you were already feeling anxiety over is stressful. But with honest explanation, it can turn out just fine.

Sit down with her and start the way that you wanted to. Just make sure to tell her how you feel. It sounds like she will understand since she asked. It doesn't sound like you messed up. It's definitely scary, but you're together. It will be okay!

4. littlecuriosity

thanks guys I'll have another crack at it and tell you how I went and now I don't feel like such an idiot I may be able to go through with it thanks -hugs you both tightly-

5. happyhamster144

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Sound like she just caught you out. But it would seem she has half an idea anyway so it is not going to be much of a surprised when you do tell her.

It would probably be a good idea to address why you said no the first time so just be honest and say she caught you off guard.

6. Aro

Aro

*hug* c: I wish you luck! Have faith! I am sure everything will turn out just fine. Honesty is always the best policy. I am sure she will understand and accept you.

7. littlecuriosity

thanks again I know I've said it before but I still can't believe how helpful and caring everyone is on this website if I didn't sign up to this website I'd never build the courage to do this so stay amazing and continue to help others and treat other the way you have with me

8. indiqo

don't worry, try again! ^.^

if she suspects that you are bisexual then it sounds like she is waiting for you to come out to her.

I would have done the exact same thing. but you can just tell her what you said here, that you were afraid and panicked and your mouth said stuff lol. it happens a lot.

9. GhostNeko

Try again~ But try to tell her before she talks, haha.

10. indiqo

:thumbsup:

11. Wildside

Wildside Guest

how about, "you know, sometimes I say no when I mean yes, and sometimes I say yes when I mean no. I don't know why that happens, but it's like the other day when you asked me if I like guys..." and take it from there! :goodluck: