1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I came out again!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by XenaxGabby, Jan 8, 2015.

1. XenaxGabby

XenaxGabby Guest

I had a friend over for coffee this morning and she told me that she was going to find me a boyfriend (jokingly) because I needed to start dating. Somehow we got on the subject of gay celebrities and how obvious Ellen Page was. She said she had really good gaydar. I was like "Oh, really..." I then came out to her and she was like "Well, I guess I don't have good gaydar then!" She was completely "chill" about it. She's coming over later today to hear my story. I feel really good:slight_smile: And unlike the few friends I told last summer, I am actually close with her. We talk and see eachother everyday.

Coming out felt easier this time because we were already talking about gay people, so it wasn't an out-of-the-blue thing.

2. TheStormInside

That's awesome! Congrats on your courage. I'm really glad to hear you've got an accepting friend to talk to :slight_smile:

3. iiimee

Congrats! You saw the chance and took it! I am happy you found a totally supportive friend. :slight_smile:

4. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations! Happy for you :slight_smile:

5. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Congratulations ! (&&&)

6. pennylane1988

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations! (*hug*)

7. Wildside

Wildside Guest

Congratulations!!! It sounds like you're getting your swing. When you can just bring it up so casually in a conversation (where it did fit in pretty well), then you are really getting pretty well out of that nasty old closet. So happy for you!!! I'm sure you'll have a great meeting with her when you share the rest of your story. being out to a close friend with whom you can be honest, and be your authentic self, is such a gift! way to go! (&&&)

8. XenaxGabby

XenaxGabby Guest

Thanks:slight_smile: Our second visit went great! When I'm ready, she said that she will introduce me to some of her friends that are gay! So excited for that (!)

9. Wildside

Wildside Guest

(!)(!!)(!)(!!)(!)
    That is so wonderful! It is always so encouraging to hear stories like yours, and to vicariously share in your joy! meeting more gay friends is another easy opportunity to come out to people who are safe, and who will be supportive. and a great opportunity to just make friends, and to continue to develop a mutual support network. I think that isolation is the deadliest enemy that we face, and this is such a great opening for you on your journey! Again, Congratulations!

10. XenaxGabby

XenaxGabby Guest

11. Silas

That's awesome XG, congratss :grin: