1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anxious Feelings.....

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Brett, Oct 23, 2008.

1. Brett

For the past month or so, I've had a hell of a time getting to sleep, and it's cuz of the freaky anxious feeling that I get.
    I don't know what this feeling is about, although common sense leads me to think it's about death, but I'm starting to lose sleep. I'm at my breaking point right now, and advice is welcome.
    Thanks in advance guys.
    BreTt

PS: Long time no see btw. I need to do a re-intro thread.

2. Mickey

It sounds like anxiety. But see a Dr. to be sure.

3. Rosina

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I can't think where I've read about someone who's was thinking like this, I must have been YA! or something but I agree with Mickey, it sounds like anxiety.

As far as I can gather, there's always an underlining cause to these feelings, they don't just happen. See a doctor, or better yet, someone to chat to and work through it, family and friends are always good as is EC!

Just remeber that you really don't need to be worried about dying, I mean sure, it'll happen in the end, but that's AGES away! Please don't worry about it! (*hug*) (*hug*)

(And welcome back by the way)

#3 Rosina, Oct 24, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2008
  4. Jim1454

Yes - it might be a good idea to talk to your family doctor about your problems getting to sleep. But if you think you know what it is you're thinking about, you need to be sure you're thinking rationally about it. If you know the topic that's keeping you up, talk to someone about it during the day. Getting something that is bothering you 'out into the light' (figuratively and literally) is always helpful.

Call me a nut case if you want, but the Serenity Prayer might be helpful in this situation too! While you're lying there worrying, quietly say to yourself:

There's no point in stewing about the things you can't change. You need to accept them, and turn your attention to the things you CAN change.

5. ArcaneVerse

If it is anxiety then the "death" feelings is probably the impending doom thoughts\Feelings that come with the anxiety. like every one else has said you really need to find out the source of this worry and talk to someone about it, let it all out so its not bottled up.