1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay but don't want to be

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Colinalmighty, Jan 9, 2015.

1. Colinalmighty

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    OK Hi..
    This is my first post here. I have posted or chatted with guys in other places and have done a tone of "google research" on being gay and all that. Nothing has changed. I'm pretty sure I knew I was gay since like 10 or 11 but people have told me no way I could tell because I was to young. I'm pretty sure now. I have done some gay stuff but never did stuff with a girl so might be bi I don't know. Bottom line is I know i'm gay but don't want to be.

Doesn't anyone else ever wish they were normal like everyone else?

2. TacobellKFC

Out Status:
    A few people
    Yeah.....but then I thought wtf is normal who set the standards for normal you feel me...dont worry though shit will sort out in the end(*hug*)

3. banana1

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    When I was at your age I had the same feelings...
    Don't think about that to much, just explore what you want to explore :wink:

4. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi, Colin, and welcome to EC.

I think *everyone* who is gay wishes they were normal when they are first coming out. It's natural to want to fit in with everyone else, and being gay, we don't fit in in one of the most basic ways possible... with whom we're attracted to.

If you have always found yourself attracted to guys, fantasize about guys, find yourself looking at guys, and masturbate to guys... then it's pretty certain that you're gay. We have people here who knew by the time they were 5 or 6 so 14 certainly isn't too young.

It's definitely scary to accept this because it does mean that you're different from 90% of the population, but if in fact you're gay, then it is what it is and isn't changeable.

You're definitely in the right place to talk about it, understand it, ask questions, and find others who have been or are in the same place you are. Welcome, and I hope you'll stick around!

5. V777

V777 Guest

Hello and welcome to EC.

I used to think like you when I was your age. I guess it's quite common that people who are starting to realise that they're gay have a denial phase. Everybody wants to be like most of the people.

But let me tell you something. First, you can't change the fact of being gay. In addition, being gay is normal, though we are a minority. You can have a normal and happy life.

You need to accept yourself. It's difficult, but give you some time. :slight_smile:

6. NinjaInTraining

I'm a total anime obsessive and a huge cosplay fan. I stopped caring about 'normal' (whatever that is:slight_smile: ) a long time ago... I guess one or twice I've thought 'it would be a lot easier to be straight' but I would never say 'I wish I was normal!'

7. Wildside

Wildside Guest

I've been there, and in fact spent a lot of my life there. The one thing that I learned for sure is that no matter how hard I tried to change it, I am gay and will always be gay. Regretting it just made life harder for me and for others in my life. Accepting it really does make life much better. Good luck! (&&&)