1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice on coming out to my school?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Avery W, Jan 9, 2015.

1. Avery W

Out Status:
    A few people
    I am in a public school with a year 10 (my year) roll of 129 and a year 9 roll of similar.
    I've known most of these people since I was little and tend to not get along.
    I'm clueless about how to come out in such a way that doesn't alienate me forever...

2. Wolf of The Baltic

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Dearest Avery

Well one problem we should adress is the fact that you don't get along with them. From inferring only I can say that you should make sure and find the people that accept you. And the ones that don't. This is not a race you can take all the time you need.

Love and all the luck
    -King of The Baltic

3. KingJude

How long have you got left at school? I mean, I know you want to come out, but if you don't get on with these people, is it worth telling them? I would wait until you aren't forced to see them every day, because then if they do take it badly, you don't have to face them constantly. If you really do want to come out, then I'd pick your closest friends, and go from there! Hope everything works out for you! (*hug*)

4. Avery W

Out Status:
    A few people
    I have a minimum of 4 more years in this school, and I don't particularly desire to spend it in the closet. I'd just really like to be able to wear boys uniform and use a bathroom that isn't for 'girls'. And it's not like I can just rock up to class in the socially 'wrong' uniform.