Should I rip off the band-aid?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Erzulie, Jan 9, 2015.

1. Erzulie

That friend I talked about in my last post is asking me again, because I don't really say anything when she asks me, so she keeps asking me. Should I rip the band-aid off and just tell her. I guess i'm as ready as i'll ever be, but there's that self-preservation part of me that just wants her to think I am straight.

2. Wildside

Wildside Guest

well, once you say it, you won't have to think about it any more. unless you think she is going to use that information in some way that would hurt you, I would go for it. You just have to say four words: I am a lesbian. three if you use a contraction, and just two if you say "I'm gay!". Once you get those words out of your mouth, the rest of the conversation will take on its own life. as easy as ripping off that band aid. good luck!!!

3. unloved

unloved Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Good luck I hope it goes well for you !

4. whww123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    You're in the same situation as me. Build a support group. Tell someone who fully supports you that you're gay and work your way up. Don't hide your sexuality like I do and be yourself. I'm working on doing this myself currently and I'm scared to death, but it needs to happen, ya know?

5. Notlad

If you're close, and you know she's accepting of LGBT people, that will work.

I came out to a friend yesterday at lunch and we've known each other dor years. The conversation turned into how good the food was within 10 seconds.

Just make sure she's accepting.

6. Erzulie

whww123: I'm scared to death too. I'm going to try to work up the courage to tell her next time she asks (I know she will soon enough). It's really hard to say out loud, even when I'm by myself. I guess a little practicing never hurt. Thank you for all your input guys. It is much appreciated.

7. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Do it! YOLO!