1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So proud of myself!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by kb123, Jan 11, 2015.

1. kb123

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I took such a big step today! I'm really proud of myself! :slight_smile: So I have this kind of new friend that I've known for a few months but haven't actually hung out with her until recently. Well today was our first "girls day". We had some drinks (which is when I feel I can be most honest) and hung out all afternoon. Well, I am so proud that I decided to just be honest with her from the start and tell her about my attraction with both sexes. She was totally cool with it too! :slight_smile: She gave a couple hints that she's the same, I think, unless I was taking the comments the wrong way (she is married to a guy).

I feel so good about this that I think this will be my approach from now on. I will just be honest with new people from the start. For one...I can weed out the people that choose not to accept this fact about me. For two, I don't have to worry about going back later and trying to come out to any more people than I already need to. As far as the people that are already in my life....I'm still not sure how to come out to them yet. But baby steps..... :/

I'm just so happy that I have at least one person in my life that I can be totally open with and can talk to when I meet a cute girl and stuff. Plus she knows some of my other friends and there's a chance she may tell them what I told her. I never told her not to say anything, I just acted like it was no big secret when I was talking to her. Though I did mention that my family doesn't know everything about me. But I would be okay if she spread the word among my current friends. :slight_smile:

Just wanted to share my excitment with you guys! :slight_smile: Hope everyone else is having a fantastic Sunday! <3

2. waitwhat

waitwhat Guest

Yay! That's totally awesome! (!)

3. TacobellKFC

Out Status:
    A few people
    :eusa_clapThat's great...it always awesome to be open to someone and they accept or feel the sane way..good for you

4. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Congratulations

(*hug*)

5. Notlad

Glad it went well!

6. Wildside

Wildside Guest

You're amazing!!! (!)(!!)(!) Congratulations! :eusa_clap:thumbsup::eusa_clap

7. raiden04

raiden04 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well done kb123!

8. kb123

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thank you so much for the support everyone!! :slight_smile:

9. chocolate dream

Congratulations! Its a good idea to be open from the start with new people you meet.Think im gonna start doing this.Im out to most people except at work (altho some of the people who have been there a while suspected when i first started there).And i havent told my nephew either,but again,im sure he knows.
    Its always a big step to come out.Even when i know people are gonna be ok with it (and i know that they already suspect) it still isnt easy to say it! So again,well done you!