1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FTM Coming Out letter opinions?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by RalphHenry, Jan 12, 2015.

1. RalphHenry

RalphHenry Guest

So I've talked it over with a friend that I'm out to. I've decided that I should write a letter and give it to my mom on a weekend where we're home alone together. In the letter I simply state that I feel I'm transgender and tell her we will have a conversation when she's ready, so she can ask questions. I think I can explain better and in more detail verbally than on paper.

I'm very scared to do this. If you've read some of my other posts, then you'd know I have a terrible doubt issue. I doubt if what I'm doing is the best thing. I doubt my own feelings and thoughts. I even doubt my own "trans ness" sometimes. I think I finally got to the bottom of that though: my Dysphoria isn't crippling, like most trans people you hear about. It gets worse, but it never gets to the point I think I'll do something drastic.

Let me now what you think of my letter idea. Anything you think I should add or avoid?

2. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Here is a resource with a few points you might say:
    https://sait.usc.edu/lgbt/files/PFLAG Coming Out As Trans.pdf

you might say you'll be like your male twin, large parts of you are still the same...

You might say you want to change your clothing and hair style, to see how you feel...

you might explain your disphoria...

and you might say you want some counseling, with a gender therapist, to help you figure it all out...

(*hug*)

#2 jay777, Jan 12, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2015