1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do I even need to come out about this?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by MsEmmzy, Jan 12, 2015.

1. MsEmmzy

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'll start off by saying that I saw a thread with a similar title to this one... I'm not really asking the same thing though.

Ok so I'm trying to plan out coming out to my dad soon. I'm not really here to talk about that either, (well, sort of... ) but I guess it helps to provide context or something.

I've finally figured myself out more or less in terms of sexual orientation and gender identity. My question here is, do I really need to come out as panromantic? Does it even matter?

A bit of info about my out status already:
    Sexuality: Nobody.
    Gender: Basically everyone in my "out status" on my profile.

As I said earlier, I'm going to be coming out to my dad about my gender identity fairly soon. Should I also let him (and the rest of my family/friends) know about my sexual orientation at the same time? Would this make them think I'm just some stupid kid trying to label myself to be "different"?

2. Wildside

Wildside Guest

it's always up to you how much or how little you come out, and to whom you come out. Most people will understand what gay, lesbian, and bisexual means, and probably transsexual as well. If they are not really very exposed to it, they may not have a ready understanding of more, such as panromantic. so, if you want to tell them about that too, then just be prepared to explain it to them in some more detail. you can always print out some short explanation from the internet, to help them understand. and if they thing you're just trying to be different, just be patient; they will eventually figure out that it is not a phase, it is who your are. Good luck!!!