1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't figure it out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by cloudcity, Jan 14, 2015.

1. cloudcity

cloudcity Guest

So when I was 8 and my sister was 12, I just figured out on my own that she was gay. So since then I was cool with it and she would tell me everything then,like, she would point out who she thought was hot and who her crushes were. There's only one issue. I'm too scared to come out to her even though I know everything about her. I feel like a shitty person now because for a long time I was battling with myself over what to label myself, and my sister could have helped. And at this point I'm too scared to say anything to her. I know in my heart of hearts that she will accept me, but I'm a wimp. The only people who know are my closest friends. What should I do because she deserves to know, but I'm terrified. Should I wait it out until I'm ready to tell her or man up? I just want her to know that I'm lesbian but I'm not sure the timing is right.

2. bazinga91

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    She will be ok with it! Coming out is not an easy thing, even if you know it will be accepted, but sometimes you just have to go for it. I was too afraid to say it so I left a note and i came out that way and it made things easier for me. So maybe leave a note for her if you cant get up the nerve to say it.

3. Wildside

Wildside Guest

habits are formed one small act at a time. so, you may be at a bit of the fork in the road. clearly, it ain't ever going to be easier than to come out to your sister. If you hide in the closet in fear of coming out to her, you may be setting yourself up for a pattern that has left many of us depressed and with regrets. but if you take advantage of this opportunity to say three little words, "I am gay," then the next time will be easier, and every time after that will be even easier, until you are not afraid of anyone! it's your life, so live it! Good luck.
    :goodluck:

4. cloudcity

cloudcity Guest

Thank you guys. I think that soon I will have enough confidence but it's kind of hard because she is the first family I will tell.But I know I will be ready soon enough to tell her. Thank you!