1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to tell someone I am bi without telling them?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Can1mex, Jan 15, 2015.

1. Can1mex

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    So I posted a while back asking for advice on how to talk to this kid. Well I talked to him and we have been good friends, he is sending that vibe but has not come out. What I want to do is hint to him I am interested and make him think "Maybe this kid is not straight" Without him thinking "This kid is gay". I go to a really homophobic school (people get picked on for sounding "gay"). He has not said anything negative about the subject of homosexuality. He has brought it up in conversation with things like "thats a little gay don't you think?" ect.
    I also would like some help in finding a way to get his opinion (be it positive or negative)
    on the subject. I don't want to come out to someone who is gonna spread it around school and make my life a living hell for the next 3 years.

If you have any questions please ask, I will answer them to my best extent.

2. Brandiac

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    On the opinion matter I can definitely give a tip. Just find something, a news article related to LGBT stuff, and say that you've read this or that, and you know just surround it with casual talk, and try to sqeeze a comment out of him. When the Eurovision contest was over I learned about a lot of people's views. You need something like that, only less significant.

3. bigcityboy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I agree with EncagedPhoenix, you definitely have to be subtle about this. I've never come out to someone like this, let alone to someone I like (I assume you like him, but if I'm wrong just tell me) so I'm just speculating on what you could do. What I would do is, if he says a remark about something being gay, maybe start a conversation about gay people to find out his opinions. The way he reacts might give you hints as to what he thinks. Like you could respond, "Well I don't think there's anything wrong with being gay. Do you?" or something like that. Like what EncagedPhoenix said, mention something gay related but newsworthy and relevant.
    For example, if you live in the U.S. you could mention Florida getting gay marriage and go from there. Or you could talk about a gay celebrity/musician, but don't mention them being gay until you ask, "Did you know he/she is gay?" and then find out his reaction.
    Hell, you could even lie and say you can't go to an event or something because you're going to your cousin's gay wedding. Anything that will show him that you're cool with LGBT people, and he might show you back. I hope this helps!

4. Can1mex

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all

I did the "Are you gay?", "Does your mom know you are gay" I said it serious and he kinda shrugged and did the "idk" face sorta. And he also winks at me often. We only have one class together and dont talk outside of school. He could however be joking but he has given plenty of hints I just want to make sure.