1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why does this guy do this and what do I say to him?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Soul, Jan 15, 2015.

1. Soul

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm a junior in highschool and I'm gay and crushing really hard on this freshman it's really odd though cause he's like way taller than me and more mature looking you could say almost like we belong to each other's classes lol

But anyway I've noticed him for awhile now and just recently started crushing on this guy

In the cafeteria at school in the morning he sits at a table with his guy friends that's across from mine and my friend said she saw him looking at me when I was sitting down bc she knows I like him

We've also made eye contact quite a few times. Once a few weeks ago he looked at me and he did this weird lip biting thing and had a smug smirk on his face and looked away and today is the second time he's done it.

I don't even know if he's interested in me let alone gay bc all the guys he hangs out with are straight but I guess there's always a possibility he could be gay or bi and just afraid to let anyone no?

And I feel like I need to talk to him but like ever since highschool sophomore year I've lost all my confidence and have social anxiety bc I'm scared of being judged by people and I just hate my voice and the way I walk and everything I just wish I could be more confident at school and eventually talk to him..

But I don't know where to start it

Also once I walked out of a building and he saw me and like slowed down so I slowed down too and then he went slower as if he was waiting for me before I was even close to him it was weird so I just ran ahead...

2. Oh hai

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    This is a lot like my situation. Idk, you could be misreading innocent body language for something more, or he really does like you.

3. Soul

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I would probably assume it was just innocent body language if it weren't so often when I'm around

4. xylaz

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    These situations are always frustrating. Is there anyway you can add him on social media? Mutual friends? If he adds you, that is definite potential. It might be impersonal and weird, but if he responds, that should be great! Just say hi :icon_wink.
    I'm going through this right now with a super cute kid in my class. He's effeminate at times, but it drives me crazy. I always see him with some girl so it's a strange situation haha.
    Best of luck(*hug*)

5. Soul

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yeah I've made the mistake of adding people on social media I haven't talked to yet so I want to talk to him first before doing anything with him on social media but I don't know where to start with him !!

6. kindy14

kindy14 Guest

I do that when I'm into someone, the lip biting/smirk thing. Next time you get that from him, respond the same way. Find out where he likes to hang out, or what he likes to do, and weasel your into his circle. When you "bump" into him, just ask him to go to a movie, or something at your school. Just hang out and get to know him.

When you are comfortable with him, and he with you, you'll find the time, words, and space to open up to him.

Or you could just give him a hug, and kiss him on the cheek and whisper to him, I really like you.

I've had an extreme lack of self-confidence all my life. Only in the last few years, and especially the last 6 months, I've really built up my confidence.

One exercise I developed was to purposely talk to random people in your life, waitresses, sales clerks, even people on the phone. Smile and say hello to everyone you have contact with. Make some small talk while you interact. You don't have to tell your life story or anything just comments on the weather, or something big that happened recently (isn't it sad that those people were killed in France over a cartoon.) Doesn't have to be about being gay, or anything else.

That has helped me so much in actually interacting with people in real life. Take it slow, and you will extend your barriers to other people further. My anxiety about interacting with people is still there, but I don't let it run my life all the time now.

You're young, you want to deal with this social anxiety now.

Watch Risky Business some time. Sometimes you just need to say what the fuck, and do what you want to do. Take the leap despite that pit in your stomach.