1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bi beastophilia?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by live805, May 18, 2007.

1. live805

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    ello

okay so i've got an issue.
    firstly, just this past monday i had the amazing luck to be asked out by a guy i've had a massive crush on for months and who came out to me sunday evening as being bi.
    its my first boyfriend (in reality) ever. so that automatically makes me a bit cautious cause i dont know what to do there very well. but thats not so much of a problem as later he told me that he is a beastophile (a person who does animals) but still wants me. and so me being the overly wonderfully accepting guy i am, am cool with it.
    but im worried ish
    i want to make him feel good and accepted but he feels all freakish and all and its just a bit confusing for me and all
    basically, this is a huge cry for help. he says hes cool with him being who he is, and so am i, but im just like, should i do anything to change him/ help him be himself??
    the worst part is that apparently its like illegal and all, so im kinda scared that if im posting this here, it might cause problems for him, if not become just terribly awkward and embarrasing, and that is the last thing in the world i want for him.:bang: :bang:

thanks again for everything

i

2. Daniel6

Being with bis, you will have to be jealous to the world.
    I think beastophiles' behaviors are safe since we have heard many fatal diseases which have been passed from animals to man. Moreover, how do we know if animal agree to do that with man? (if the don't, the act is considered raping)

3. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Well, I'm a pretty open person, but to me this is wrong and sends up big red flags. First, like kingofmen said, animals can't consent. I think if I was you, I'd think really hard about if you really want to be with this person. I do give him credit for being honest with you.

4. Jamie

Drammen, Norway (from England originally).
    I would have to agree that beatophilia is on a completely different level that sets them apart from homosexuals and bisexuals. At the end of the day he probably cannot help how he feels about animals as we can't about men or women (dependant on sexuality). But regardless, it takes some restraint!!!

I personally wouldn't go forcing myself on some unsuspecting bloke who turned around and told me no... this is not only unethical but illegal as it constitutes rape. Needless to say that no animal is going to consent to this treatment and your friend could be causing them serious internal and emotional harm.

I suggest that you sit down and talk to your friend reasonably. Explain this from the moral point of view, whilst his bisexuality is great and there's nothing wrong with that (in an open and consenting environment) his beastiality is just wrong, it's illegal for a reason and as such he ought to think about stopping and perhaps seeking some professional help if he finds this hard to do. In my opinion he's up there with pedophiles... and whilst that's harsh to say neither has the consent of their prey.

5. Sam

Sam

honestly I don't think I would get involved with someone who messes with animals, thats just my opinion though but I wouldn't suggest you get involved with him.

Sam

6. tinkerbell

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    In the U.S. bestiality is a crime since the animal cannot consent. Do as you wish with your boyfriend, but if he brings animals into play, you can both go to jail.

7. Daniel6

It should have been "are not safe"
    sorry, i missed 'not':icon_bigg

8. live805

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    hey, thanks everyone
    yeah, i've been talking with him and im just not sure its gonna work out
    the whole thing just bothers me and all
    i just feel really bad about it cause i was trying to be accepting and yeah
    im just really really confused right now
    and really im just not sure i want him to be more than just a friend...
    he did some things that have hurt me now and a lot of them have to do with the animals so im just sorta gonna try to recommend help and then say it needs to stay friends.
    and hopefully my head will stop spinning
    i wish i had some cold water right now...
    bleh
    anyways, thanks everyone
    right now, i really needed the help and i appreciate it from all of you
    thanks again

i