1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out to my older cousin

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Mattx, Jan 17, 2015.

1. Mattx

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi ! I've already come out to a few friends , however coming out to a family member scares me beyond reason. I plan on coming out to my older cousin today while out to eat I know she will be 100% supportive and we accept me. But I'm just afraid of her response.. What If she tells my other family members. Ugh any supportive comments are welcomed :dry:

2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! Coming out to a family member is at times harder than coming out to a friend. It is quite common for one to be more nervous coming out to a family member than a friend.

You already know that your cousin is going to be supportive and accepting. Given that, I am sure if you ask her not to say anything for now as you are not ready for everyone in the family to know, she will respect it. When you come out to her, you can emphasize that you trust her and it being the reason why you have decided to come out to her.

From the sounds of it, I don't think there is anything you need to worry about. :slight_smile:

3. Wildside

Wildside Guest

sounds like the best possible relative to come out to. and when you are ready to come out to other people, it will be good to have her as an ally. good luck! and please let us know how it goes. I'll be thinking about you, and sending good vibes your way! (&&&)