1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When and where to leave the letter?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by RalphHenry, Jan 17, 2015.

1. RalphHenry

RalphHenry Guest

I have finally written a letter that I am some-what ok with and I have it sitting in my room, waiting to be given to my mother. My mother is off from work today and tomorrow. My plan is for her to read it tomorrow, but I have no idea when to leave it out or where to leave it because she's home all day. Should I wait until she goes to work? I just don't want her to have the thought of me running thorough her head all day making her crazy.

2. whattodoii

in the back of my closet, with one friend :)
    I would do it when she isn't stressed/irritated, so if you wait until she goes back to work, she might be stressed in the morning going to work/irritated coming back, which won't help you... Maybe you should just give it to her and tell her to read it in a quiet place, and come back to you when she's ready? IDK, do it/give it to her, the moment you feel is the best moment Good luck :slight_smile: BTW, make sure you're 100%, or at least 99.9% sure about the letter :slight_smile: keep us posted :slight_smile:

3. MsEmmzy

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you can't stand sitting there while she reads it, maybe give it to her before you're about to step in the shower, or when you're going out for a bit. I like whattodoii's idea of asking her to leave the room then come to you.

I wouldn't suggest waiting until she goes back to work.. try to find a time when she's not too busy. This will give her plenty of time to read it and discuss it with you after. I would probably wait until later in the evening, that way it's not interfering with the rest of the day.

Best of luck to you! I'd love to hear how it goes. :slight_smile:

4. whattodoii

Did you do it? How'd it go?

5. RalphHenry

RalphHenry Guest

I didn't give her the letter. I tried to verbally bring up therapy, so I could then bring up gender therapy, and then tell her what's been going on. She completely shut me down when I implied I might need therapy. I made another post about everything that was said in this forum somewhere. Thanks for checking in, by the way.

6. whattodoii

aw, that's really sucky :frowning2: I'll check it out :slight_smile: