1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

coming out in presentation. Good idea or not?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by geroni211, Jan 17, 2015.

1. geroni211

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So my teacher told us to present a topic and give our opinions about it. I was wondering if doing one about gay marriage and coming out mid way through it.
    I have only come out to my closest friends, but i know the other friends i have that i havent come out to would be (probably) accepting. That said i still don't know if its a good idea, considering the possibilty of bad reactions.
    Good idea or not?

Also, if you know any interesting topics to talk about, please do tell!

2. Jaymmm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Why not? If u are sure you wanna come out and that you wanna come out so publicly. Just think about it in advance and practise it before. You´ll be nervous so learn how to handle your nervousness a bit.
    If you tell it in a self-confident way, people can accept you better.
    Just smile and let them know the best part of your personality. Good luck :slight_smile:

3. MsEmmzy

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hmm.. I've considered this myself a few times, but never really went through with it. If you're a good public speaker, and comfortable gives speeches etc. I think you could do it. I would suggest not making a big deal out of it, and using it to drive the conversation or prove your credibility.

If this presentation is worth a good part of your grade, maybe don't revolve the presentation around the idea of coming out, in case you decide not to last minute. Focus more on gay marriage in general and have coming out more of a side effect.

Make sure you're 100% comfortable with doing this, and maybe talk to your teacher first before the presentation? It might ease things a little and your teacher might be able to offer advice and support you if anything goes wrong during the presentation.

If you go through with it, good luck! I'd be really interested in hearing about the results. :slight_smile: