1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help!!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by NotSureWhoIAm, Jan 17, 2015.

1. :help: I was talking to my friend tonight and I told him that I'm not a woman. He was like 'so what are you?' and I said 'I'm me'. He replied with 'you can't just be you, which toilet would you use?'. He went on telling me that I 'have to be a woman' because I 'have lady parts'.
    How do I deal with reactions like this? This is the first person that I'm actually coming out to and getting a reaction like this discourages me. He is one of the most understanding persons in my life and it hurts that he can't accept me for who I am instead of who my birth certificate says I should be. :help:

2. Davey

I have learned through personal experience that hearing something like this from a friend can really throw you off track.
    The first friend that came out to me in this way was back in 2010 and I had NO idea what to day and I said all the wrong things. But, she took the time to talk to me and we figured it out together.
    I wish I could say it would all be easy and everyone will be 100% accepting but unfortunately that is not the case. Just take it a step at a time and work on the people who mean the most to you when you are ready.
    As for "you have to be a woman you have lady parts" that is total bull. Don't let things like that discourage you please, they just say those things because they do not understand. It will take time. They will slip up and say things that are wrong. Just kindly remind them and give a little patients, but at the same time do not take any verbal or physical harassment about the situation. There is a line between not understanding and being scared about a new concept, and bullying.
    I'm not sure how old you are but your whole life is going to be about finding out who you are and where you belong. Go with the flow and don't care what other people think. If they are really there for you they will accept you always and no matter what gender/orentation/etc. that you may decide.
    Be you. You are amazing!