1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I have a boyfriend but I think I like girls..

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by kittylover16, Jan 18, 2015.

1. kittylover16

Out Status:
    A few people
    So hello,
    Im 16 and I have a boyfriend and we've been dating for a while but I also think I like girls and it's hurting my brain thinking about it all, and I need help. I've thought I liked girls since I was 13 but I guess I have been using guys as a distraction I suppose, but I just can't do this anymore and I dont want to hurt this guy I'm dating because we were friends first and I dont want to lose him, but I dont know how excepting he will be.. I want to talk to my mom but I at the same time am not ready to come out to her and I'm just confused.
    What do you think I should do? Come out to my mom and get her advice? Break up with his just because or tell him? Keep dating him and see?
    Thanks <3

2. Najlen

Do you have any friends you know would be accepting that you could talk to? It isn't fair to keep going out with your boyfriend if you think you are probably gay. You could tell him that you think you're better off as friends until you get things figured out a little more. If you've been thinking it for 3 years, there is a pretty good chance you are attracted to girls.

3. chocolate dream

Its best to be honest with him,even if you dont tell him the bit about you liking girls.Its not fair to be with someone if your heart isnt in it.
    Its up to you whether you tell your mum or not.Id wait until you had it all figured out before dropping a bombshell like that.But if youre close and can confide easily in your mum then maybe it will help.Dont do it if you dont feel ready tho.Theres no rush.

4. ANewDawn

You might want to end things with your boyfriend if you're not into him in that way, but you're not obligated to tell anyone about your sexuality until you feel ready.

5. whww123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    ^ I agree with ANewDawn. You shouldn't be leading him on if you know for sure you're only into women. Unless I read that wrong and you're into both. Either way maybe you need to take a break and really figure yourself out. (*hug*)