1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice on coming out as genderfluid

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Music Soul, Jan 19, 2015.

1. Music Soul

Okay so I'm only out to my bestfriend (who is extremely supportive and understanding) and i really want to be open about my gender to my other friends and my parents. The problem being I don't know how to go about this. When I came out to my bestfriend I just causally slipped it into a conversation because she already knew about what it means to be genderfluid so I didn't have to explain anything. I'm a little nervous about explaining it to my other friends, but I'm pretty sure that most (if not all) will be supportive (they're all really open minded people). Coming out to my parents is what terrifies me. They've told me before that they'd support me if I were trans, but I'm not sure if they were thinking of non binary identities when they said that. I'm afraid that they'll think it's a phase or that I'm trying to be special or that I'm just confused.

I'm wondering if anyone has any advice on how to come out as genderfluid to parents and/or friends? (Btw, I'm planning on coming out to my parents by letter and to come out to my friends in person) also, my school has a GSA so I'm thinking about coming out to the GSA advisor first to get some support. Any ideas on how to go about that are welcome as well.

2. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian