1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Doubting my gender identity

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Mad Hatter, Jan 22, 2015.

1. Mad Hatter

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hi everyone!
    I was born as a girll, but something felt wrong in my body, though I didn't really know what. Yeah, typical ftm story, I know. Well yeah this thing continued, I used to dress in a masculine way and that knid of things... but then afterwards I started to try and be more girlish to satisfy my mom, and practically all society.
    When I finally discovered tumblr and the different types of gender identities there are so the feeling if being in the wrong body came back to me. I first thought that I was agender, but then I realized I wasn't, what I really was, was a boy.
    Up to this point there's nothing weird or that could seem like I'm confused
    BUT
    I talked about it to my psicologist and she said that maybe that was just influence of some traumatic events in my past.
    I told my ex-gilfriend and she accepted me perfectly but she also said tha it surprised her quite a lot.
    I'm currently 17 years and I fear I might be too old for this
    I never really identified myself as a "man-trapped-in-a-woman's-body"
    I feel comfortable in high platform shoes (which I feel are pretty femenine)
    I lived believing (or making myself believe) I was a cisgirl for quite some years.

I don't know I just have a lot of doubts right now, I thought I found myself but now I'm questioning it and don't know what to do... any sugesetions, tips comments, whatever? Please, I really need some help right now...

2. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    You're never too old for this...
    hormones just might work better when young...
    Its often the case that assigned at birth gender expectations are fulfilled or over fulfilled, until found out this is not who you are...
    You might ask for placing the thread in the Gender Idendity and Expression section, where more people knowledgable on the subject might read, by clicking the small triangle saying report posting...

You might have a look here:
    http://emptyclosets.com/forum/gende...9807-figuring-out-my-gender-identity-s.html#4

You might play a bit with hairstyle and clothing style... sweaters one or two sizes bigger, unisex or womens jeans, etc... what you feel comfortable with... there are threads on clothing...
    it can be really fun...

You might have a look at support groups, maybe in your local lgbt center...

(*hug*)

3. PossumJack

You sound almost exactly like me, except that it was my friend who first suggested I might be trans instead of agender (I was initially shocked by the suggestion because I didn't even know FTM was a thing. I thought only transwomen could be transgender :lol:slight_smile:.

I'd say take your time and explore a bit. Mess around with the wardrobe, maybe pick a male name when you feel comfortable enough. And definitely pay a visit to the Gender Identity section. People there are very supportive and played a huge role in helping me find my gender identity.