1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It's like no one on campus wants to come out!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Noir, Jan 22, 2015.

1. Noir

I'm getting a little frustrated--I know there are quite a few queer people at my campus, and they're looking for relationships and friends and all that good stuff, but none of them ever make themselves known!!!

We have an anonymous secret admirer site set up for our college, but of course it's anonymous, so the LGBT people just go on there like, "where are all the other LGBT peeps at?" Of course no one will know who you are.:eusa_doh: And none of them come to the GSA meetings every week, but then they complain that they can't find anyone else queer to date!

I already go to the GSA meetings and my bookbag has LGBT friendly buttons on it, and I'm pretty much out to my friends or anyone who asks, but I still haven't found anyone else I could potentially date :frowning2: How can I find other lesbians if none of them make themselves known????

2. SkyDiver

I have the exact same problem on my campus :bang:

Honestly, this is where apps have come in handy for me. I've given up on trying to meet people the old-fashioned way.

Way more success from apps, as people are more likely to be out and about on them.

3. Nord

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just curious, what apps are you guys using ?

4. sofie

sofie Guest

My campus is the same way, there is a LGBTQ+ group but they never meet up and I don't k now what to do. It's very frustrating.. I thing apps and internet is the only way at this point, so thanks for the tip! :slight_smile: