1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

K I'm coming out for real now!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by cm25, Oct 29, 2008.

1. cm25

cm25 Guest

K so I've been rily stressed lately bout tellin my mom I'm gay. I keep saying I'm gonna then I wimp out. I've decided that no matter what I want to tell her... Tomorrow! I'm confused cuz idk what to say, my friend has been wanton me to tell her and she's been helpin means stuff it's just, what do say? I'm gunna check back on this after school tmotrow and prolly tell her tmorow nite I hope, any advice?

2. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    You tell her that you need to talk to her about something important. Tell her that its because you love her that you want to share this. Then just tell her. Make sure she knows if you are still a virgin. Don't give her anything in excess to worry about. Print off the PFLAG materials for her and give them to her when you do it.

Good luck!

3. cm25

cm25 Guest

thanks becky, I've been like a second mom to me here just wanted to add that, ur awsome. I've been rily stressed lately not everything like me coming out, pre act testing, my uncle died last year and that just set in worse(I'm one of those people that instead of depression over someone dying settin in immedietly I deny it for ever, try to forget it, accept it, then cry for hours bout it. That's not helping at all. But I rily want everyone to know that I'm gay cuz I feel bad for keeping this secret. And I wish I would of told my uncle, he was gay and so he could have helped me, I want to tell my other uncle soon tho(his husband).

4. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Ahhh....I'm sorry about your uncle. (*hug*) Your other uncle would be really good for you to talk to and could probably give you some good advice since he knows your family too. Did everybody accept their relationship? If they did, you have nothing to worry about. Things are going to be fine.

5. cm25

cm25 Guest

thanx. Ya everyone was fine with it my mom even used to ask if I was gay and said she be fine and it was my dads bro and he loved him still so idk why I'm stressin it.

6. musican

Its ok to stress out about, I did and I never had anything to worry about. I know its tough to talk about, to bring up the subject, I suggest that before you try talking to someone you just say 'Im gay" a few times when youre by yourself. i had a hard time saying that and i dont think i actually said that when i came out to anyone, lol. hope all goes well :slight_smile:

7. cm25

cm25 Guest

k so I told her. I want to pre say I'm srry for any spelling problems I can't rily c straight rite now. I told her to comeup to my room cuz I needed to tell her somethi g. She sat next to me and I said

Well u know how u used to ask me if I'm gay
    Well I am

And she said um no ur not

Anne I wiz like um well somethings u just know like I can tell that I'm atractted to guys

She says that I don't know it's just a phase and I'm confused

I quickly intervene with it's not a phaseive known for a while now and I waslnt u to know

She said that no one will accept me and it will be dark and lonely for me.

I said well there are people that accept gay people, and people that are gay to.

She said then that I need to see a therapist cuz I don't truly know who I am, I'm not normal

I than said what is normal I mean rily what is it, straight?
    So if imgay I'm not normal

She said that being gay is ok it's just I will never be happy again

Then I said wellwe willtalk about itlater than and she went to bed and now imballing my eyes out typing this. Any advise???

8. epiphanies

Hey, I'm so sorry. Maybe things will be better in the morning. You should try talkin to your other uncle and get some support from him.

9. cm25

cm25 Guest

ya I would but idk his number I want to so bad it would be so helpful!

10. epiphanies

is your mom going to tell your dad?

and could you call someone else in the family that has his number? i know it's late now, but maybe tomorrow in the morning?

11. cm25

cm25 Guest

ya I could try my grandma I'll email her. My mom said she doesn't want anyone to know the truth including my dad. So idk ima try to get the #. I rily need sleep tho so in the morning

12. epiphanies

Ok, hang in there. And I'm here if you need to talk. Hope you get some rest tonight.

13. musican

Im so sorry. (*hug*) Why would she ask you if you were gay if she was going to tell you that you're confused. That must have been hard too hear because if you're like me you've already tried to convince yourself that its a phase. Hopefully she will realze that youre serious, but if she doesnt then you have us and you could call your uncle. I hope you feel better in the morning (*hug*)

14. cm25

cm25 Guest

I feel a lil better this morning I got sick last nite so idk if I'm goin to school. It was rily akward this morning with her she saw me in the kitchedcand quickly walked into the mudrooom. She wiz pacing around for about 5 min (she had heels) and then she said bye and left... Atleast I'm leaving 4 the weekend to let her Kool down.

15. Kid Quasar

We're all here for you if need an extra leg to stand on, so to speak >.>

16. cm25

cm25 Guest

Well thnx everyone 4 bein here 4 me u mean alot to me

17. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! Sorry that your coming out to your mom hasn't gone all too well. If you can, try talking with the husband of your uncle, and maybe he could also talk with your mom. Have you tried giving your mom some PFLAG material to read?

Sometimes it takes a while for parents to come around to it and to become used to it. You had a little while to get used to and comfortable with it. For parents it can be a shock and hard at times because moms and dads have their own dreams for their kids. When they realize that these dreams will not come true, they have to find something to replace them with, which can take a little while. But do try to talk to your mom once you see her again. try to show her that you are still her son and that your sexual identity does not change anything.

I hope she will come around to it soon though....and remember we are all here for you if you need to talk.

18. cm25

cm25 Guest

a I gave her the famiilyacceptance.org website tray and she hasn't said anything bout it yet so idk. I talked to my gma and she doesn't have his # so I'm sorta stuck. He lives in a dif state so it's harder.