1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Now what?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Kid Quasar, Oct 30, 2008.

1. Kid Quasar

I am so eager to get into the dating world to find that perfect somebody, but I know I can't dive head first into the dating pool. I've outed myself to my family and they are ok with it, now what? I'm 15 and attend a local highschool and the Boys and Girls club. I'm just not sure how to proceed.

2. Gumtree

It depends on the kind of person that you're looking for.

I don't normally like to generalise so much, but certain environments attract certain people.

The best way to meet a person you will get on with is through similar interests.

If you like science, go to conventions.

If you read, go to bookstores.

If you enjoy eating out, go to cafe's.

If you enjoy sports, go to games and clubs; even participate yourself.

GLBT groups are excellent sources.

Theatre and performing arts clubs are great.

But the best one of all is friends; everyone you know will have friends you don't know about, and those friends will have friends and so on and so forth.

3. Jim1454

Is there a 'dating pool' for 15 year olds? I know I'm perhaps out of touch, but don't let what you see on TV and in the movies lead you to believe that everyone your age has a bf/gf. They don't!

Odds are that you're going to have to 'out' yourself to other people before you're going to find a bf. I'd worry about being comfortable with that concept before contemplating having a bf. Once you have a bf, you're likely going to be outed soon after. It would be easier on your relationship to do it in the other order.