1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Being Open About a Relationship?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by fullmetalheart, Jan 26, 2015.

1. fullmetalheart

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I just asked a girl out , and she said yes. We've been practically dating for a while, but now it's official. I have been out to some friends at school for a few months, and I am fine telling them about us, but I don't want most other kids to know. I live in a very religious area, and it is a big risk to tell people. How do ask my girlfriend not to tell people without hurting her feelings? Should I tell people? It isn't that I don't WANT our relationship to be public, but if my parents found out they would be horrified, and if the kids at school found out I think they might hurt me, or worse... Her. I mostly just want to protect her. There are no out lesbian couples at my school, but I have heard of gay kids getting beaten up. She is already a target for school bullies, and I don't want to add to her pain. I was thinking we could keep it a secret now , but let people know in highschool. I just don't know. What should I do, and what should I tell her?:help:

2. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    You might talk it out with her, you might tell her your concerns...
    like you did here...

(*hug*)

3. Wolf of The Baltic

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Dearest friend

As jay777 said you should talk to her. You mentioned that you love in a very religious area. If you express your concern then she might have the same problem. Plus you two should make sure you both understand that you guys live in such an area. Small problem such as these shouldn't detract from your relationship especially since you guys seem to be happy together. If there is anything you need all you need to do is ask.

My undying love and joy
    -The king of The Baltic

4. PGuy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Tell her exactly what you think. She should understand.

5. fullmetalheart

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Thank you. We talked about it. She's telling her parents, but mine aren't going to know. We are going to tell kids at school, and go to the dance together,but be careful around teachers. We are pretty happy together.

6. Wildside

Wildside Guest

start by asking her how she feels about all this. she lives in this same religious area, so these thoughts are probably on her mind too. the key to success for any relationship is open, honest and total communication. Talk! :thumbsup: