1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out to all my closest friends

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by kman33193, Jan 27, 2015.

1. kman33193

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey guys,

I'm currently studying abroad right now, but during this first week I've been hampered by some pretty aggressive panic attacks regarding coming out. As it stands now, I'm out to my immediate family but none of my closest friends from high school or college. I figure I have two options:

1. Tell SOMEONE for crying out loud

2. Keep struggling with these crippling panic attacks until I can't take it anymore and have to go home

I've wanted to spend a semester abroad my whole life and this anxiety is slowly but surely ruining this experience for me. Haven't slept properly in two nights so I'm going to do two things (one for each night I haven't slept <_<).

1) Talk to my program coordinator about seeing a therapist here as well as joining an LGBT group at my host university

2) send the messages I already have typed out to my friends when I get back from class today.

If possible, I'd really appreciate some encouraging words for when I get back from class. I'd hate to chicken out again =\ *sigh* wish me luck. I sure hope this will empower me to take back my abroad experience.

2. doinitagain

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi kman
    We all know how hard it is, but go for it one step at a time and you will feel great!
    Good luck and let us know how you get on! (*hug*)

3. kman33193

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey,

so I was going to message my group of college friends and my group of high school friends. I kinda got a little overwhelmed and decided to stick with just telling my high school friends. So that's 4 new people I'm out to. Still a little pumped up from the adrenaline rush, but hopefully that'll wear off soon.