1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I want to come out...?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by RickyTricky01, Jan 27, 2015.

1. RickyTricky01

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi, i'm 15 and i'm gay, i discovered my homosexuality 2 years ago, right now i accept myself and i feel very happy with my sexual orientation, but... I feel "hidden", i came out with some friends and they were totally amazing! I tried with my family and they said that they just don't care about my sexual orientation, i'm happy about that but... I just want to come out with everyone, i'm not ashamed about my homosexuality and i don't like to hide it like that, But... I'm scared about the reaction of the others, in my town everyone thinks that homosexuality it's strange and i think that everyone would start saying mean things about me, can someone give me any indication? I don't know what to do...:confused:

*i'm sorry for my english (i'm italian)"

2. doinitagain

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi Ricky
    Well done for knowing who you are and coming out to friends and family. All I can say is that you must learn to love yourself and be happy with who you are. Don't be scared of others and their reaction. People are only scared of what they don't understand. If people have a problem with LGBT people it's their problem not yours.
    I was your age when I accepted that I was gay. I realised when I was 12.
    Well done with your English. It's much better than my Italian!

3. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ricky, I think you are putting yourself under quite a bit of pressure to come out. I was in my early 20's before I came out to anyone and you have already told your supportive family and some amazing friends.. at 15. You've done really well and should give yourself credit for that.

Coming out is a process and it's not something we can always hurry along. Being out to everyone takes time, and other factors can be quite important too, but the most important thing of all is to have the support and respect of people you love and it sounds like you already have that in place Ricky. In the ideal world every person you tell in your lifetime (not just in your town) will be accepting and tolerant, but if you do encounter some negativity remember that you already have the support of the people who really matter - your family and friends. When you've got that in place you can hold your head high because the opinion of casual acquaintances doesn't mean anything compared to that - really, it doesn't.

4. RickyTricky01

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks guys!! I think i'll think about that a little more, maybe i was just too hurried, but... One day i'll do it quietly! Thanks guys! i'm really thankful! :slight_smile: