1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

who should I come out to first?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by ilovemycat, Jan 27, 2015.

1. ilovemycat

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I have accepted that I am bisexual. I'm just going to call it that because its the simplest way to say it, but to sum it up I would be interested in being romantic/sexual with people in general. I am not exclusive to any gender basically.

So anyway. I haven't told this to anybody. Currently I'm dating a guy and I feel like I definitely need to tell him for sure. I almost told my two best girl friends over Christmas but then I chickened out. I also feel like my mom almost knows because she brings up LGBT issues with me ALL THE TIME so it almost feels like she's hinting at me to just tell her already. I don't think anyone would even be that surprised by me telling them, but there are reasons I'm nervous.
    1) I'm scared my boyfriend will be upset/take it the wrong way
    2) I'm scared my friends will be weirded out by me and be uncomfortable
    3) My mom will literally tell my entire family once I tell her so basically outing myself to her is outing myself to everyone in my family.

Soooo any advice on who I should talk to first? I know everyone is totally cool with anything LGBT so I'm not scared of what they'll think of me but just of how this will change their perception of me and also just that this big secret I've been keeping will be out in the open. I know I'm ready to tell someone though. Help! :slight_smile:

2. Rainbows~Exist

If I were you I'd definitely tell your best girl friends first. That's the way I did it and all went fine :slight_smile: Telling friends first is a lot more easier than telling family so I'd advise you to do this first. Furthermore, after telling a few friends you may feel more confident and find the courage to tell your family. Good luck! :slight_smile: