1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I have no idea why I'm scared to come out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Myhipsdolie, Jan 28, 2015.

1. Myhipsdolie

Firstly I'd like to state that the person I'm thinking of coming out to is my best friend, we're going on holiday together in June and I'm either going to do it then or before it.

She herself is Bi and I literally never really thought anything of it, I know she would be the same with me too. I told her that I was Ace a while ago and she was like "cool"

As you know sexuality is fluid and what not.

The thing is though, I'm only half out the closet to myself. :help:

I like to pretend that I'm not really bisexual and I'd only go as far as a sexual experience with a girl but I know deep down I would love a relationship too. I know that's probably because if it's between the sheets it can usually stay there but walking down the street holding a girls hand is something else entirely.

I'm not ready yet to say anything to my family and I'm not sure if I ever will. I can imagine all the side glances at gatherings and it makes me want to evaporate.

Should I wait until I'm completely comfortable with my sexuality before going ahead and telling anyone else? :tears:

2. Aniot

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I will tell you about my personal experience. I am out only to some people. I told to 1 or 2 friends while I was not comfortable with my sexuality. As I started to get comfortable I start telling other friends. I think you should not pressure it. While you start to feel comfortable with it and you see the person you wanna tell is accepting then tell if you want. I think the coming out process should not be pressured, the words should just come out naturally.

Don't stress about it. Tell you friend if you fell comfortable with it. Tell other people when you feel like it.

Good luck :slight_smile:

3. Sh1f73r

Don't rush it, but here is some advice:
    1.Haters gonna hate(I get bullied for being
    gay, but yea, those guys are just haters)
    2.Don't rush
    3.But don't hesitate too much as well
    4.Before coming out, accept who you are fully
    Finding your sexuality:
    1.Are you emotionally or sexually attracted to that gender?
    2.Google images
    3.Don't force your feelings

Good Luck.