1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Does One Tell Another One They Are Not Exactly Heterosexual?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by GlitteryDancer, Jan 28, 2015.

1. GlitteryDancer

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Title says all, I'm fairly certain I'm not straight, I've had the hots for guys in the past, but recently I've felt an attraction to girls, or maybe I've just never considered them as romantic partners? I dunno, but there's this girl, and she's what you'd call a "crush." All those mushy symptoms that come along with that junk. I would make out with her if I could.

So, how do I tell my parents? My friends? I really don't know how to bring that kinda stuff up. I want people to know, I'm tired of people assuming I'm dating all my guy friends when I'm really not even feeling all that interested, at all (even though we're in middle school and "dating" is more like holding hands). I'm proud of my orientation, whatever it is, lesbian, bisexual... So help please? Thanks a bunch in advance c:

2. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
  3. Cam7125

Out Status:
    All but family
    I'd say talk to your close friends individually. Pull them aside, or plan to meet up over coffee or something, and just calmly explain exactly what you wrote above: you aren't exactly straight, you like guys, but now think about girls. Start small, and only when you feel you're ready. There's no need to rush anything. I hope that helped.