1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out to family

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by AngelWings17, Jan 30, 2015.

1. AngelWings17

AngelWings17 Guest

I really want to come out as bi to my family and close family friends, but I just can't. I'm afraid of how they would take it and the words just won't come out. I believe that almost everyone in this group that doesn't know, is religious in some way. I say this because I always hear them mentioning the omnipotent sky entity that some believe too strongly in. Now, with me being an Atheist, it makes me cringe whenever I hear, see, or say the word, so I hope you understand what I'm talking about. Any advice to help this scared little pup come out to her family and family friends? :help:

#1 AngelWings17, Jan 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2015
  2. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Some people caution to have some kind of support network in place...
    but you seem to have supportive friends...
    are you dependent on your parents ?

You might have a look here:
    http://emptyclosets.com/forum/comin...so-frustrating-not-being-able-come-out.html#2

and some people come out in a letter, or via text... there are some letters on EC..

well more and more religious people are coming around...
    gay people have always been around, in all cultures...
    it should be about two people in love, thats all it needs... it should be about love...

but its hard to tell, and you know them best...

just take the time you need...

and you might try to not see it too emotional, but state legitimate needs and emotions... instead of getting into heated discussions... if you decide to say something...

hugs

---------- Post added 18th Feb 2015 at 07:33 AM ----------

you might think about joining a gsa... a lgbt club... or visit a lgbt center, with courses and activities... there might be support groups there...

and you might call here:
    SupportLine - Problems: Sexuality: Advice, support and information
    -> Agencies which provide information and support

hugs