1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need some help identifying myself

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by RuckMeImIrish, Jan 30, 2015.

1. RuckMeImIrish

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Sorry I'm new here and I don't know if I'm asking a question right. Anyways im going to go into some detail on how I feel so I can come to terms with my sexuality. It would be appreciated if anyone who once felt the same could fill me in. To start off, I think I'm gay but im not sure. I had a girlfriend once. This was in grade 7 and 8, you could say she was one of the prettier girls some guys would call her hot. I think I just liked her because it was a thing to have a girlfriend in these grades. Now Im in highschool and I really just don't know. Since then I haven't had any crushes on girls but I've had a couple on guys. It's kind of funny though because when there's a pretty girl around I still feel awkward like I can't screw up. Even though I'm not attracted to them, I get nervous, hesitated etc. I don't know if anyone else feels this way but I'm an "ass man" for guys and girls but if guys could rock yoga pants I would be all for that. Now for guys, This is awkward to say in a public setting but I am a big fan. I mean guys only make me aroused but I can appreciate a nice body on a woman. I mainly feel like I've been getting less and less attracted to women and now barley attracted at all and in that whole time I have been getting more and more attracted to guys. I think I can answer my own question but I need some one else's input. I honestly just don't want to come out as gay then find out I'm bi. I know these are titles and I should be happy with who I am but I want to know who I am, I need a title. If anyone has gone through the same things would love feedback.

#1 RuckMeImIrish, Jan 30, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2015
  2. iiimee

Hey! I'm Chase btw, and I'd love to help you! I think right now you may best identify as Questioning or Bicurious, but really I can't help you until I ask...

Do you just APPRECIATE the woman's body, as in thinking she's attractive in certain areas, or do you feel aroused? If you don't really feel aroused by women, there's a good chance you're gay. However, sexuality is a spectrum, and as you get older you may feel more attraction to women. Who knows? But I at least think you like guys physically, though if you like girls is still debatable it seems. You'll figure it out, but for now you seem bicurious. Good luck!

3. RuckMeImIrish

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I guess I misled so yeah so I find women "pretty". I am not attracted to them. I'm not aroused at all but I find nice legs and a pretty face and so on a nice characteristic which helps me define them as pretty. I'm saying pretty as if a straight dude saw super hot guy, he would know that guys good looking but he wouldn't use the term hot because he's not attracted to him.

4. iiimee

...I think it's safe to say you're gay personally, but whatever you feel comfortable saying you are. I myself only like males physically, but I sincerely would date a girl just because I like her emotionally and well... I have a girlfriend I really like! ^_^ I mean, I am attracted to them even up to the kissing point... but in my pants no way. :/ It's ok though, since me girlfriend sees me as a boy and is bisexual... Complicated relationship when you think about it, but me and her fit together perfectly! However, I suppose one day we may part... :frowning2: But that's how young love is.

P.S. Hugo Weaving rocks

5. RuckMeImIrish

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    good luck with your future, cheers :slight_smile:

6. Yossarian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Most people can tell who the "pretty" people are, whether they are attracted to them or not. Whether you are gay or not has more to do whether you are sexually aroused by males or females or not. You don't have to "label" yourself at your age, just be patient and go with your feelings in terms of who you want to hang out with and "date". If you find someone who seems to be attracted to you too, you will be able to get a stronger impression of your feelings in that mutual relationship, then you can decide whether you want to declare yourself with a "label" to other people.