1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need A bit of Advice

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by trikuriboh, Nov 1, 2008.

1. trikuriboh

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well the thing is I had this really weird internet friendship with a guy I sort of seen around campus. I started it cause well I wanted a friend and well knew he was gay, but I sort of wanted to date him. Anyways he rejected me and well I was fine with it until we got back to school after the summer. I was weird about it since he was the first guy I told about me being gay and well a piece of me I guess wanted to be with him even though I really didn't notice it until I sort of contacted him again and I welll got upset with him. Anyways about two months ago I told him how I felt and then said I wasn't going to try anything mainly because I thought he had a boyfriend. So he was acting weird and such and well found out he hates that I was denying myself I thought he meant about me being gay, but it could have been the fact that I didn't want to chase after him. Anyways close to a month afterwards I asked him out with a note since well I didn't want him to give me a straight off no and well I knew he would be mad and such. So luckily I wouldn't see him for a few days however he didn't give me an answer when I saw him he just avoided me and well at least he was looking at me again. Then I gave him some notes that week and well the last one I sent him I made just trying to get him to say no and well he seems angry about it and well has been avoiding me ever since then and well I did the same to give him space. So the advice I want is for two things; one should I try to see if he wants to be friends with me still? Cause well I still care about him as a friend even though I was a jerk. Two a girl was involved and well now she doesn't talk to me. Not that I liked her but I think he told her and his other friends about what happened. Anyways should I try to explain to the girl that I am not a jerk as I seemed in the note and well try to explain why I did it? Cause well I think we could be friends still if I did. Sorry it's so long.

#1 trikuriboh, Nov 1, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2008
  2. Gumtree

1. USE PARARAPHS YOU EVIL PERSON!

2. You have probably freaked the guy out, chances of being friends are slim. You were bearly friends in the first place - it isn't going to be easy for him to believe that it's 'just friends', I also have a hard time believing that it end there once you get to know him.

3. Ask the girl, if she says that he said somethingabout then explain what really happened, if not then don't bother.

3. -Michael-

4. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to EC! :wave:

Should you try to still be his friend? No, I don't think so. You sort of...well, not really "hounded him", but pestered him somewhat. Sorry to say, but you chose a rather coward's way out in asking him out (gave him a note, at such a time that you wouldn't be seeing him for a few days). And he didn't respond. That's pretty clearly a "no". Not a "write me another note and try again", but a "no". If you wanted to be sure, you could've asked - doing so via another note just extended the agony out. So he's probably kinda peeved with you right now. So give him some space. Let him be pissed for awhile. He may come down, and you may resume a friendship in the future. But now's not the time.

As for the girl, I can't imagine how she was "involved", since it involved you handing him notes. If she stopped talking to you, you can always ask why. "You've been kinda quiet around me lately - anything going on?"

Oh, and I didn't mind the lack of paragraphs - you at least sort of used sentences. :slight_smile:

Lex

5. trikuriboh

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yeah I didn't think we could be friends anymore, I guess I messed up pretty badly. But as for the girl since I can't really talk to her since she's friends with him I'll just let her go too. And well I guess all I can say is that I am a coward, but I didn't take the cowards way out I think. For those two days I wouldn't see him at all cause I was busy with classes, but I tried to wait and see if I could find him before I left the note in his locker I guess. By the way I didn't know how long it could be which is why I didn't make it into seperate paragraphs.