1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

starting the conversation

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by ataraxicmeerkat, Feb 1, 2015.

1. ataraxicmeerkat

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Ok so I'm like super ok with my sexuality now. Even though it still feels hella weird with a totally different sexual identity mostly cause I always thought I always knew but whatevs water under the bridge. So much so that bridge isn't even in use anymore now it's just some decrepit piece of junk kids dare them to go across till one of them crashes through better hope the brats can swim. What was I saying?

Oh yeah. So I know most everybody's gonna be chill about it especially my mom. Cause she said if I was gay she'd still love me. It sounds sweet but that was in front of all my friends and soon to be first girlfriend. That's what parenting is right? 70% humiliating your son for amusement? Suffice to say I know they'd be cool but I still don't know how to broach the subject. Like "oh yeah by the way you know how I like girls? Well apparently that's only half the story." Actually that's not that bad. But still anyone have any advice for commin out to both friends and family?

2. YermanTom

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Go for it!!!!
    Best of luck.

3. LittleGecko

LittleGecko Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
  4. Wildside

Wildside Guest

congratulations, you've done the hardest part! as far as coming out to other people, you might try saying something like this: "I'm bi." :eusa_clap

5. ataraxicmeerkat

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    So I messaged my best friends asking them to get on skype. Even though I didn't think much about telling people at first, like it was just going to be simple and easy, it feels like it's getting harder and harder to force myself to as the time draws closer.

6. Yossarian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don't overthink what you are going to say, just say the words and enjoy watching their reactions. You are in the driver's seat, not them.

7. Wildside

Wildside Guest

just write it down so you can jump right into what you need to say: "I'm bi" yay!!! (!)