1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming Out Adrenaline?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by SadConfusedBandGeek, May 19, 2007.

1. SadConfusedBandGeek

haha creative topic name much??

Ya anyway, i just came out to 2 people today and they were both SO GREAT about it and i am so happy and proud.

Now i suddenly feel a rush to just go tell everyone! (not my parents haha to scared right now) But still, i'm not quite as dum as i seem:slight_smile: And i know i wont go tell everyone cause that could possibly turn out bad.

But is this normal, after tellin a few people to just want to scream it to the world?:lol:

2. Hmm...I'm not sure. I told my best friend and I feel the exact same, no difference at all. So I guess it varies from person to person.

#2 Midnight Angel, May 19, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2007
  3. TeeBe

After I told my first pereson, I rapidfire told three more. Not for any particular reason other than "wow! Why not?!? This feels good!"

It DID feel rather much like an adrenaline rush! So either we are both odd or...:lol:

4. Zec24

Nope, not weird. I felt the same way when I came out to my closest friend. I felt so good about it at the time that I decided to go ahead and tell my parents and my grandmother. However, after that I only told my sister and another good friend. But overall I would like to be able to shout it out to everyone, but I don't think its such a good idea just yet.

5. Sam

Sam

I had the same kind of rush when I told my best friends and my parents its a great feeling I always say that it's the best kind of high

6. hahaha I guess I just lack adrenaline then :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7. Grof142007

I didnt Feel That Rush Then again I have been Outed Everytime so Yea

8. amanda

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    OK, been a while since i've been on, but i have had that same thing happening...
    I told my sister n law, then one right after the other, till 3 weeks after i admitted it to myself i told my mom and stepdad.
    I feel a sense of relief everytime i tell someone, like having to hide it causes pressure on my sense of self.
    Everytime i tell someone, it's like a piece of me is allowed more space to grow.
    I have this whole new person that is trying to emerge and it feels so good to allow it.

9. WheelerBoi

WheelerBoi Guest

WOW! It feels so good to read something here then realise it explains exactly how you feel, but could never express. I feel less weird eveytime it happens :eusa_danc

10. Jamie

Drammen, Norway (from England originally).
    lol whereas it didn't happen like that for me... supposedly though because i knew i couldn't completely be myself... not until i've flown the nest and settled down somewhere far away from my parents.

But on another note... this desire to out myself and shout it from the rooftops is something i've felt loads... just had to bite my tounge so many times to stop myself though.

11. GuitarGirl1350

I get the rush.

12. LorenzG1950

Yes, it feels like a release from prison and I had to charge on (!) . First was:

1) best girl friend
    2) other close friends
    3) family
    4) my boss

I still have a ways to go but the adrenaline was definitely there, a super high. Sometimes I have to hold myself back with folks at work because I work for the military, bunch of homophobes :icon_sad: .

13. SpikySpice

Well, I think it depends though. Becuz sometimes I tells someone and they express their disgust on me, and make me feel kinda guilty, and make me want to crawl back into the closet again. But yet there are times that I feel so proud of myself, I even teold 3-4 people at the same time in a lunch table or in the middle of the class. That make everything more easy becuz I dont have to talk one by one

14. tired_of_lying411

it's EXACTLY how I feel (assuming it goes good- haven't had a bad coming out yet)

it's like this HUGE reward to keep you wanting to come out :icon_bigg

15. Alywishous

well...if u don't have a soul u don't feel guilty when u lie to someone. If u do have a soul, u DO feel guilty. Not coming out has always felt like lying to me. And when i tell the truth and resist lying I get this WHOOSH of "I have a soul!" Well...that Doesn't even run through my mind but u get the point.

16. Blithe

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yeah I know what you mean.

But I think I got a little too out happy. And told a few two many.

I just cant let my best friend know. He'd kill me.

17. Not necessarily though. Some people like me (And Im sure Im not the only one) feel like well what does anyone else care how i live my life? What difference does it make to them. So its not like its not like those people dont feel guilt or dont have souls, they just dont feel guilt about this issue. Im not saying you're lying nor am I doubting you felt that way, im just saying some people feel the opposite.

18. boarder25

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd say it's pretty normal. I felt that way after telling my best friend. Just use good judgment though, as unfortunately not everyone will be so accepting.