1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out to my children -eventually

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by happyhamster144, Feb 3, 2015.

1. happyhamster144

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I started a thread about a month ago because my husband, who I had recently came out to, outed me to my oldest child and I did not know what to do about the other two.

Well on Sunday I finally found the courage to tell my son, the middle one. As I sat there waiting for him to say something after I telling him I was gay, said actually I have always thought I was bisexual. Not a complete surprise as he had said something a while back that made me wonder.
    So spurred on by my success I then told my daughter on the Monday who was very cool and said that's OK Mum and gave me a hug.
    My biggest worry about coming out was that I would loose any of my children because they could not deal with my sexuality.
    I don't know how we did it but we have three totally amazing kids who just accept people for who they are I am so proud of them. :icon_bigg

2. CrazyAwkward

That's great! I'm glad your kids were accepting. Congrats on coming out to them :slight_smile:

3. PATenor2

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Great kids! I'm hoping mine will react equally as well.